Within the context of Mission Statement, the following are the objectives:
- To extend and update Quality Assurance Process and evaluation methodology to promote Research Culture.
- To classify clear and unambiguous standards as points of reference for the reviews to be carried out.
- To assess quality standards and the quality of teaching and learning in each subject.
- To analyze academic affiliations with other institutions in terms of efficient management of standard and quality of programs.
- To produce manpower this could serve the society in honest way.
- To congregate the challenges of global compatibility in higher education.
5. Functions and Responsibilities
Responsibilities of DQE by the Guideline of HEC are as follows:
- DQE will be responsible for promoting public confidence that the quality and standards of the award of degrees are enhanced and safeguarded.
- DQE will be responsible for the review of quality standards and the quality of teaching, learning in each subject area.
- DQE will be responsible for the review of academic affiliations with other institutions in terms of effective management of standards and quality of programs.
- DQE will be responsible for defining clear and explicit standards as points of reference to the reviews to be carried out. It should also help the employees to know as to what they could expect from candidates.
- DQE is responsible to develop qualifications framework by setting out the attributes and abilities that can be expected from the holder of a qualification, i.e. Bachelors, Bachelor with Honors, Master's, M. Phil., Doctoral.
- DQE will be responsible to develop program specifications. These are standard set of information clarifying what knowledge, understanding, skills and other attributes a student will have developed on successfully completing a specific program.
- DQE is responsible to develop quality assurance processes and methods of evaluation to affirm that the quality of provision and the standard of awards are being maintained and to foster curriculum, subject and staff development, together with research and other scholarly activities.
- DQE is responsible to ensure that the university's quality assurance procedures are designed to fit in with the arrangements in place nationally for maintaining and improving the quality of Higher Education.
- DQE will be responsible to develop procedures for the following:
- Approval of new program.
- Annual monitoring and evaluation including program monitoring, faculty monitoring, and student perceptions.
- Departmental review o Student feedback o Employer feedback.
- Quality assurance of Master's, M. Phil. and Ph.D. degree programs.
- Subject review o Institutional assessment o Program specifications.
- Qualification framework.